Disclosure: We are a professional Certified Financial Planners blogging site providing you honest and unbiased information and no way responsible for any monetary losses that might arise to you. Please consult authorised personnel before taking any decisions.

What is the co-pay clause in Health Insurance?

In health insurance, there is a concept of co-payment. Co-payment simply means that some % of the claim amount is to be born by the applicant & the rest will be borne by the insurance company.

For e.g., Riddhi takes a health insurance policy with a co-payment of 10%. This means that at the time of the claim of say Rs 100,000, Riddhi will pay Rs 10,000 & the rest 90% will be paid by the insurance company. If you opt for this scheme then the premium is less when compared to the policy which pays 100% of the hospital

This might attract you to have this copayment claim but it is not so good as it looks because you have to pay a amount at the time of hospital bill settlement which will be more than the premium saved.

So never fall under the copayment clause of insurance. Co-payments almost never make sense unless you don’t are not getting health insurance without co-pay OR you’re buying it for someone who’s old with pre-existing diseases in which case co-payment clause can bring down premiums drastically.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You May Also Like

Fundviser
Send via WhatsApp

Get Expert advice today

0 Shares
Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap