There is no such BEST Health Insurance policy that suits all. Hardly any two policies are similar
Choose a policy which that reduces your out of pocket to the least and is medical-inflation hedged.
So while choosing Health Insurance, please keep the following points in mind:
- Capping on Room Rent
- Capping on ICU Charges
- Recharge/ Top Up options
- No Claim Bonus Addition
- Existing Illness Cover – For most health insurance policies existing illnesses are not covered in first 4years
- Annual Health Check-Up – Yearly medical test is good to have but not an absolute must
- TPA or Direct
- Co-Pay – You also need to be clear with the co-pay %
- No of days covered before and after hospitalization needs to be considered
- Check the hospital network cover list. If your preferred hospital is on the list it would be better
This list is dynamic and can change anytime.